Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer Vacation

Back in July, I started this blog as an outlet for D&D ideas that I’d too long neglected and which now felt orphaned in the wake of 4th Edition. (I pause for a moment to mourn my poor barghest ecology, which received positive feedback from Dragon years ago, and which I never got around to revising…because I am an idiot.) It was a way to get myself writing again and carve out a little bit of fantasy pleasure during the workday. Never did I realize that I would actually be able to keep it up, essentially without interruption, every single weekday for seven straight weeks.

But I’m off for vacation to Mexico and then Ireland, so On Beyond Drow will be on vacation, too. In between the two trips, I’ll try to catch up on tweaking and revising the entries I haven’t had a chance to upload yet. And, having run across some interesting D&D blogs in the past few days, when I come back I’ll consider engaging some of those folks in conversation and perhaps promoting this blog in general a little more.

So I’ll see you soon—possibly in a few days; definitely in three weeks once my travels are over. If you’ve found this blog and are enjoying it, look for more come September 15th.

It’s been a fun seven weeks and I can’t wait to come back. Thanks for reading, and keep thinking of ways to imagine on beyond drow…

No comments: